Tuesday 3 April 2012

ahhh, the blue lagoon...

I can't believe they are going to re-make this classic coming of age movie!  Apparently the film will be very different from the original (I'm sure it'll be crap, re-makes usually are), starring ex Home & Away actors Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites, set in Hawaii.


I admit I fell in love with this movie, I must have been about 12 when I first saw it... I use to daydream about being Brooke Shields and use to pretend to be kissing Christopher Atkins (using the back of my hand) on that idyllic sandy beach... ahhh he was so smooth and blond and sweet. All that innocence, then naive sexual exploration. It offered such a tantalising glimpse of what lay ahead, and it looked so good that I couldn't wait to be old enough. Do films and TV influence us - of course they bloody do!

I wanted to be the Brooke sooo bad...


Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins in The Blue Lagoon

No comments:

Post a Comment