Thursday 21 June 2012

each to their own...

So Johnny and Vanessa have split.  It's a shame.  I had hoped that they would last. They seemed genuine. They appeared to have escaped the fake Hollywood bullshit. It's sad.  But, if you've been happy with someone for years, is it a failure because it ends?  Maybe it just ran it's course. People change...

People never cease to amaze me. We're all an interesting bunch. Our loves, passions, dislikes, quirks and indifferences. As I've said before, it would be such a boring world if we were all the same. I find couple relationships particularly interesting, as they are all so vastly different. The respect and friendship, the outward displays of affection or dislike. The need to be with other people, or preference to be just together. The denying ones self or joint compromise, the balance of power...

Me? I need my relationship with my husband to be the priority. I'm not needy or insecure, I just require daily interaction, companionship and attention to be happy. I need my partner to be my best friend, the person I can tell anything too, who is just there. He is my first choice to be with, the person I would prefer to spend time with. It's not claustrophobic, or high maintenance, or touchy feely, it's just right, for us. We communicate, there is balance. I want our relationship to work, I'm looking forward to when it's just us again.

I personally don't understand how relationships work when the focus on just on kids, or work, or friends. People who always have to be around others, all the time, or seem to prefer the company of their friends. Or those who try to please everyone and never end up doing that, because ultimately they please no one.

No relationship is perfect, but some are clearly happier than others, but as long as it works, who cares? Each to their own. My recommendation? Honesty, communication, respect, time together and the simple act of appreciation.


What are your thoughts?  What works for you?

All over for Mr & Mrs Depp...

2 comments:

  1. Always an interesting topic, the trick I think is to find someone that suits. For myself, I don't need someone that completes me so much, rather someone that supports me and my visions and dreams. A person who, as you said, I'd prefer to be with above and befor all others, who accepts me for my faults as well as my good points.

    I don't think you should have to work that hard at a relationship if you are with the right person, in saying that I also feel it does take effort sometimes, sounds like a contradiction I know. I reckon it's not so much finding someone that's 100% right but rather 50% finding the right person and 50% being the right person.

    Anyway, my 2 cents worth ;)

    ReplyDelete