Monday 10 December 2012

cheesy christmas tunes

Don't you just love Christmas?  I do. I love the festive happy spirit, the gaudy decorations, the chocolate calendars and cheesy, retro Christmas songs...  Even though Christmas in Australia will never feel the same as a cold Christmas in England, we keep the old traditions alive.  Turkey and stuffing, cranberry sauce, Christmas crackers and lots to drink.  Reading The Night Before Christmas and watching Elf and A Christmas Carol, playing Jenga and Monopoly under the twinkly lights on the tree...














And the best bit, driving my family mad by playing my absolute favourite Christmas songs on constant repeat. 

Here's my top ten:

1. The Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York
2. Wham! Last Christmas
3. Paul McCartney - Pipes of Peace
4. Mel Smith & Kim Wilde - Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
5. Boney M - Mary's Boy Child 
6. Nat King Cole - The Little Boy Santa Claus Forgot
7. John Lennon/Yoko Ono - Happy Christmas (War is Over)
8. Band Aid - Do They Know it's Christmas
9. Nat King Cole - Oh Holy Night
10. Slade - Happy Christmas Everybody

Fairytale of New York... ahh I love it.  It still gets me every time I hear it...  Such a shame about poor Kirsty (tragically killed by being hit by a Jet Ski)...  Watch, listen and enjoy!

Only 14 sleeps to go peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment